Mg2Si Single Crystal for Infrared Detectors
Mg2Si (magnesium silicide) single crystal is a semiconductor material that can detect a wide range of wavelengths, from visible light (VIS) to near infrared (NIR) and shortwave infrared (SWIR), and is expected to be used for various sensors.
- Industrial inspection cameras
(contamination, quality, crop evaluation, etc.)
- Surveillance cameras
- Blood glucose level sensors
Image of contamination inspection
Benefits for Customers
- IR sensors using InGaAs have high performance with high cost, but those using Mg2Si are expected to achieve a balance between performance and cost.
- Mg2Si is expected to have higher detection sensitivity (D*) than Ge.
- Mg2Si can detect a wider range of wavelengths extending to longer wavelengths than Si.
- Sensors using Mg2Si can enable simple device structures with a P/N junction fabricated by thermal diffusion.
Features of Mg2Si Single Crystal
- Mg2Si single crystal can be used as a single material to detect a wide range of wavelengths from visible light to near-infrared and shortwave infrared.
- Mg2Si can easily control carrier concentration and P/N type by thermal diffusion.
- The raw materials are readily available, and large, high quality single crystals can be expected to be grown.
- JX Metals is working with Ibaraki University to develop Mg2Si single crystals and reduce the cost of sensors and devices.
Are samples available?
We are in the process of development, but depending on the form of supply, we may be able to accommodate your needs, so please contact us.
Other products related to Thermal Solutions
- Copper Ink for Fine Lines with Printed Electronics
- High-Purity Metals
- Low α Tin/Bismuth for Soft Error Reduction
- Electroless UBM Formation Service
- Compound Semiconductor Wafers - InP, CdZnTe -
- Rutile Single Crystals（Furuuchi Chemical）
- Strontium Titanate Single Crystals（Furuuchi Chemical）
- YAG Ceramics for Laser Applications
- Tantalum and Niobium Oxides and Compounds (TANIOBIS)
- AMPERTEC® High-Purity Chlorides（TANIOBIS）
- Photocatalyst for Artificial Photosynthesis
- Sintering Copper Fine Powder