Sputtering Targets for Magnetic Devices
Our targets for magnetic devices are used mainly as sputtering targets for the magnetic recording media of hard disks. Today, hard disk drives are used in increasingly diverse applications, including data centers and for online storage, resulting in ever-widening demand. To deal with the rapid rise in density of hard disk media, development is progressing on next-generation recording technology to replace the current perpendicular magnetic recording system. We are meeting the ever-evolving technological requirements by constantly supplying sputtering targets of the highest quality, gaining the confidence of customers as the leading supplier in the industry.
Benefits for Customers
- High quality target materials by applying abundant experience / technology and advanced metallurgical knowledge.
- Ready to support the urgent development of all customers by utilizing in-house sputtering tools and various evaluation equipment.
- Manufacturing with the most suitable method to meet your request from our various manufacturing technologies.
|Optimized technology||Customers’ needs|
|Melting , Casting||Metallurgical microstructure control|
|Powder preparation||Magnetic property control, finer microstructure.|
|Milling, Mixing||Lower particle counts, finer and uniform oxide microstructure.|
|Powder metallurgy||Higher density, Higher PTF, Stable electric discharge|
|Precision machining, Surface finishing||Shorter burn-in time, Brittle material machining|
|Physical property evaluation (XRD, EPMA, SEM, EDS, etc.)||Quality investigation|
|In-house sputtering evaluation||Particle performance & magnetic property evaluation, Material development for next generation.|
- Hard Magnetic Materials
- ・Co-Pt alloy, Fe-Pt alloy
- ・Additives： C, Cr, Ru, B, Ta, Ag, Au, Cu, Oxide, Nitride, etc.
- ・Capability of multiple additives
- ・Permanent magnets materials, such as Nd-Fe-B
- ・Co-Pt alloy, Fe-Pt alloy
- Soft Magnetix Materials
- ・Co, Co-Fe, Co-Fe-B, Co-Fe-X, Co-Nb-Zr, etc.
- ・Ni, Ni-Fe, Ni-Fe-X, etc.
- Antiferromagnetic Materials
- ・Mn-Ir, Mn-Pt, Mn-Ni, Mn-Fe, etc.
What are the advantages of using JX products?
Our targets are manufactured under the strictest quality control, making use of various production technologies developed over many years. We have also introduced in-house sputtering evaluation systems, which help to improve target performance and provide customers with prompt development support.
What is the product lineup?
Hard magnetic materials (Co-Pt alloys, Fe-Pt alloys) that can be combined with various additives.
Soft magnetic materials (Co, Co-Fe, Co-Fe-X, etc.)
Diamagnetic materials (Mn-Ir, Mn-Pt, etc.)
What are the technical details and characteristics?
Our sputtering targets for magnetic devices are highly acclaimed by customers for their high purity and uniform crystal structure, as well as the well-controlled magnetic properties required of targets of this type. Sputtering targets for hard disk heads are used as the main materials in GMR heads and TMR heads, both of which are key devices for raising magnetic recording density. Applying our advanced knowledge and wealth of experience in the field of metallurgy, we bring to the market a lineup of distinctive products. These sputtering targets are now starting to be used for manufacturing MRAM, the next-generation nonvolatile semiconductor memory.