High Strength Rolled Copper Foil for Li-ion Battery
Rolled copper foil is used in automotive batteries and mobile devices as a negative electrode current collector.
Benefits for Customers
- High strength
- ・Suitable for batteries using Si-based active materials with large volume changes.
- Thin foil (Actual thickness 6µm)
- ・Thin foils are possible due to its high strength, and more current collectors can be stacked with batteries of the same volume, contributing to improved battery energy density.
LiB Cycle Test with Different Types of Copper Foils for Negative Electrode Current Collector
Features of High-Strength Copper Foil
- HS1200&HS1200-V2 are high -strength copper alloy foils that have excellent heat resistance in terms of softening.
- New copper alloy foil is being developed with better heat resistance than HS1200.
- When slitting,the maximum width is 670mm and the maximum length is 8,000m.
|6～||Cu > 99.9||450|
|Electro-deposited foil||－||Cu > 99.9||350|
|New-Foil for LIB|
All values are representative, not guaranteed.
Softening Curve (Annealing Time 0.5H)
High Strength Rolled Copper Foil for Li-Ion Batteries
Other products related to Next Generation Lithium-Ion Batteries
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals Group Lithium-ion Battery (LiB) Activities-Centralized Promotion of Material Development and Recycling-
- Lithium Ion Conducting Solid Electrolyte Lanthanum Lithium Titanate (LLTO) (Toho Titanium Co., Ltd.)
- Niobium Precursors for Battery Applications（TANIOBIS）
- Tab Leads for Pouch Type Battery